We have the experience to handle most of your civil litigation needs, whether big or small, whether plaintiff or defendant, and whether you’re a company or an individual. Nadia has significant experience in all aspects of litigation, including preparing pleadings, managing discovery, drafting dispositive motions, and trying cases. Nadia also has worked on big and small cases alike during her fourteen year career, and has the ability to appropriately devote resources as needed on a particular case.
Below is a sampling of Nadia’s varied experience:
- Lead trial counsel for a national rental car company in a three-day bench trial involving breach of contract and unjust enrichment claims brought by a national parking lot company, and obtaining complete defense verdict at trial.
- Co-first chair counsel in three-day federal court jury trial involving Section 1983 and Constitutional claims.
- Lead trial counsel for local night club in bench trial involving gender discrimination claims arising out of a Lady’s Night promotion, and obtaining complete defense verdict at trial.
- Lead trial counsel for national bank in contempt proceeding arising out of the wrongful release of funds from a restricted account, and obtaining successful verdict at trial.
- Lead trial counsel for national bank in preliminary injunction hearing involving allegations of improper foreclosure and violations of various state and federal statutes, and defeating motion.
Commercial Litigation Experience
- Obtained complete summary judgment victory for a national bank in an action alleging tort and contract claims against the bank for its failure to prevent a wire transfer of funds by a law firm who fell victim to a fraudulent cashier’s check scam.
- Successfully defended an automobile insurer in multiple individual cases and putative class actions involving insurance coverage claims, by obtaining summary judgment dismissals.
- Represented corporate clients regarding various contract disputes, including disputes over corporate operating agreements and partnership agreements.
Products Liability and Personal Injury Experience
- Defended a Major League Baseball team in lawsuits brought by spectators injured in an escalator malfunction, and obtaining successful resolution of actions.
- Represented multiple pharmaceutical manufacturers in defense of pharmaceutical drug product liability claims.
- Defended a variety of Colorado businesses against premises liability claims.
- Represented a national laboratory in defense of an alleged laboratory error.
Industry and Subject Matter Experience
- Significant experience defending national banks and creditors in jurisdictions across the country.
- Significant experience litigating debt collection and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) claims.
- Significant experience with claims involving wrongful lending practices and foreclosure.
- Significant experience defending insurance companies in litigation involving insurance coverage disputes, consumer protection, and programmatic challenges, including class actions.
- Co-led a Post-Decree Clinic in Denver for low-income clients with domestic relations issues for eight years.
- Significant experience as discovery coordination counsel in multi-district litigation.